2.12.2012

Hello wall, nice to meet you.

Good lord I am tired.  I overbooked myself this weekend with my "to do" list.  But it's all done...mostly. I had a race this morning, it was supposed to be four miles but it actually worked out to more like 3 1/2.  My only goal for this race was to break my 9 minute mile and I did it!  8.75 in fact.  There was this woman running just in front of me the entire race, we actually kept trading places, I actually thanked her at the end for being a great pace person. That's definitely one way I've changed; I'm way more vocal with strangers than I used to be.  I kind of have a firm policy of telling people when they have a nice dress or when they're doing something really well. I don't know when it happened, but I just decided at some point that it's way more fun to open yourself up, take risks, say what you're thinking (when it's nice...mostly) I find those moments of honesty with strangers are like mini adventures.

Back to that weekend; Raytheon, being the hopeless romantic corporation that it is, is sending Brian to Georgia for the week. So we decided to do our Valentines family dinner tonight.  On top of the Linzer cookies and shredded chicken for the potluck at work tomorrow, I also wanted to make meat pies for dinner. Brian thinks it was a special treat for him, but really I just wanted to test out my new pie press.  While waiting for the cookies to get cold enough to roll I decided to supplement the morning's run with a quick run around the neighborhood.  I was definitely a little tired, but I really wanted to hit at least 30 miles this week.  Good lord, that was kind of a terrible idea.  I accidentally ended up running five miles and while it was a pretty nice run it was the thing that did me in.  My body is tired.  My dear friend Sarah has done me a solid by calling in sick to work tomorrow so now I don't have to go to Meet Me at Maynards tomorrow night.  I will not be running tomorrow...momma needs a break. I did manage to finish the cookies and dinner and clean the kitchen and complete all the slides in my PowerPoint for the conference....so I'll put today in the "win" category.

No comments:

Post a Comment